Good report in the iMob 2.2W Solar Panel by Noco

Questions, answers and reports on various technical subjects.
max71
Core Member

Good report in the iMob 2.2W Solar Panel by Noco

Post by max71 »

Hi all,

For those who don't have power or just have equipment you want topped up by solar I have excellent an report for the iMob http://www.batterystuff.com/solar-chargers/ISC175.html

After running it for 4 days and testing regularly and talking to the techs to confirm this panel really works. In full SoCal sun it gets 4.4W which is double its rating.

My battery has suffered from being brought down by an alarm and recharged over and over. So its suffered. Just an example is its dropping .5 VDC at night but with just 2 hours of direct sunlight it pushes it back up negating the alarm. With full sun for more hours it would probably do more.

Here's some stuff from another site. Read the reviews as well. Someone even brought back a battery with it although it doesn't say it will. http://www.batterymart.com/p-isc175-imo ... arger.html

Don't know if this tech blurb explains it right, "The thin film amorphous technology of iMob's panel allows the absorption of a wider spectrum of natural light and therefore works in cloudy weather conditions. This technology also enables the solar panel to handle the intense heat of the summer and the power loss due to rising temperatures."

Good luck.
max71
Core Member

Re: Good report in the iMob 2.2W Solar Panel by Noco

Post by max71 »

Just a followup. I've been monitoring this every day or so. It seems to hold charge well and I decided when its low light not to bother like I was advised.

Then one day last week the sun wasn't out and I didn't uncover the panel. The voltage the next morning was down to 12.11 VDC. :(

So I decided even in low light where it gets .5A I would let it try all day. By the end of that day the voltage was up tp 12.50 VDC. Even higher than the slow charger could get it up to. So in some way the panel might be conditioning the battery. Otherwise it shows it does push/sustain voltage over drains. Well recommended. Lost several batteries include a couple scooter batteries due to non charging.