Looking for custom tire striping for TR.

Questions, answers and reports on various technical subjects.
KraigG

Looking for custom tire striping for TR.

Post by KraigG »

Does anyone have a source to custom stripe a red line on the tires of my TR6?

I know I can buy repro redlines, but I've heard that there's a local mobile guy who will come to you and stripe your existing tires.

TIA,

Kraig
1980 Porsche 928
1997 BMW Z3
Tito

tire striping

Post by Tito »

The original guy who started doing this in the late 70's passed away some time ago. I believe its his son that does it now. His name was Dale Killebrew. He would mount your tire up and grind a small channel in the sidewall and then fill it with whatever color you wanted. He also did custom white walls like that as well. I will look at my list of contacts at work tomorrow and see if I can find a # for you. If not call Darrin at Darrins MG service at 818 882 4414. He can get you a good deal on some redlines. :thumbs:
KraigG

Post by KraigG »

Thanks, I'd really appreciate the info!

Unfortunately, the only redlines out there for a TR6 are the old compound Michelin, or some really bad Coker repro redlines. I have a good set of new Vredsteins on the TR that I'd like to keep.
1980 Porsche 928
1997 BMW Z3
Tito

Tire Striping

Post by Tito »

The only person left in California is in Santa Cruz. He owns a shop called JB's custom wire wheels. His website is JBwirewheels.com. You can call him at 831 465 0617. His name is John and he seems to be a really nice guy. He does redlines, bluelines and even gold colored sidewalls. His pricing is very reasonable. Good luck! :)
KraigG

Post by KraigG »

Thanks for the info!!
1980 Porsche 928
1997 BMW Z3