2007 Memorial Day Run PHOTOS

Forum for general car talk, upcoming events, posting photos, etc.
Steve Simmons
Site Admin
Vehicles Owned: .
1937 MG SA Saloon
1946 John Deere AN
1949 MG TC
1953 MG TD
1958 MGA Roadster
1959 Morris Minor 1000
1965 MGB
1967 MGB GT (UK-Spec)
1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8
1969 MGC GTS

2007 Memorial Day Run PHOTOS

Post by Steve Simmons »

Post 'em if you got 'em!

I put two pages of photos on my web site here: http://www.mgnuts.com/events/memorialrun2007/

Anyone else? Remember, you can attach photos directly to your post if it's easier.
Last edited by Steve Simmons on Tue May 29, 2007 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
healeygal

Memorial Day Photo

Post by healeygal »

Hello all,

This is my first post, so not sure how this is going to come out. I'm Sharon with the red Austin Healey on yesterday's ride, coming over here from the British Car Forum. I'm trying to post a picture of the day's only casualty - my car by the side of the road! Couldn't get the picture up on the Forum, so will give it a try here.

But first, thanks to Steve for organizing the ride - although the last two years with the Healey have been one disaster after another, I'm determined to get her back on the road, so it was REALLY great to get out on such a wonderful day! Also thanks to Adam with the MGB for fashioning a fix for the burnt out wire in the distributor, and the owners of the two black TD's and the Riley Elf (sorry I didn't get their names) for supplying the tools and moral support during the "ordeal." And finally thanks to all for the big round of applause as we pulled into the parking lot at the beach! :oops:

Sharon
Attachments
2007 Memorial Day Run Austin Healey
2007 Memorial Day Run Austin Healey
Picture020.jpg (69.88 KiB) Viewed 13360 times
Last edited by healeygal on Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdmus
Vehicles Owned: 1957 Morgan Plus 4
1966 Triumph Spitfire
1967 Triumph GT6

Post by pdmus »

A few photos of the meeting and Morgan bonnet with TC...
Attachments
2007 Memorial Day Run
2007 Memorial Day Run
5.28.2.jpg (108.73 KiB) Viewed 13381 times
2007 Memorial Day Run
2007 Memorial Day Run
5.28.1.jpg (95.99 KiB) Viewed 13382 times
2007 Memorial Day Run
2007 Memorial Day Run
mogtc.jpg (48.32 KiB) Viewed 13382 times
Last edited by pdmus on Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peter Davison
Nunyas

Post by Nunyas »

nice!

My friend rode shot gun for the drive and took pictures, and some short videos. I'll have to post a few when I get a copy of them.
Steve Simmons
Site Admin
1937 MG SA Saloon
1946 John Deere AN
1949 MG TC
1953 MG TD
1958 MGA Roadster
1959 Morris Minor 1000
1965 MGB
1967 MGB GT (UK-Spec)
1969 MGC GTS

Post by Steve Simmons »

I'm waiting for Wayne's video. He taped the entire run! hopefully he can upload it somewhere, perhaps You Tube?
Wayne Gratiot
Vehicles Owned: 67 Innocenti Mini Cooper

Post by Wayne Gratiot »

I watched the whole run last night and including waiting at lights and stop signs and a part of my drive back home to Summerland after the run, it is just under 2 hours total. The only time I turned the camcorder off was when we stopped and I got out and filmed the group at the rest stops and then the camcorder was off until we started the run again. So, as far as just the time for the actual driving on the run, it could be cut down to something that could go on You Tube.

I did join You Tube a few weeks ago, but I am not sure if I am able to download from my camcorder to my computer. I have a lot of MOALA and British Car Runs in the last few years taped the same way and I would start to put them all up on You Tube if I can. I'll go see what I can figure out there.

If I can't do it here, I can mail it to you Steve or anyone who can get it online for all to relive the day.

Thanks for another fun day.
"I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!"
jimpaul

Post by jimpaul »

Seems like there should be a picture of Mr. Simmons' new MG, since it was clearly the belle of the ball... :)
Attachments
MGC GTS
MGC GTS
CIMG2281.jpg (62.64 KiB) Viewed 13330 times
Nunyas

Post by Nunyas »

Sorry about the delay with the photos I have on hand... but my friend took all the pics at some ungodly resolution and they needed to be resized.
Nunyas

Post by Nunyas »

and some more...
Nunyas

Post by Nunyas »

BUT WAIT!!!! THERE'S MORE!!!
Nunyas

Post by Nunyas »

but wait! there's STILL more!
Nunyas

Post by Nunyas »

and a video through the tunnel... :P

it's the simple things that entertain me... :P

Steve Simmons
Site Admin
1937 MG SA Saloon
1946 John Deere AN
1949 MG TC
1953 MG TD
1958 MGA Roadster
1959 Morris Minor 1000
1965 MGB
1967 MGB GT (UK-Spec)
1969 MGC GTS

Post by Steve Simmons »

Oooo! A tunnel!!! LOL! :lol:
Nunyas

Post by Nunyas »

like i said before... it's the simple things in life that entertain me :D
Wayne Gratiot

Post by Wayne Gratiot »

I wanted to check in and let you guys know that I will be going down to Ventura with my camcorder video of the entire run where my son-in-law has everything needed to get the video converted to DVD and then I can get it onto You Tube. I'll need to use a few parts at 10 minutes each to get most of the run online, but it will get done. Sorry for the delay and my wife said we have to get a VHS to DVD recorder of our own so I can do more of the videos I have taken of all the MOALA runs I have been on, along with the British Car Mem. Day runs and even the 2 laps around Laguna Seca last August at the Monterey Historics.

Really nice pictures have been posted here in this thread and I would post some of mine, but most of what I shot has been covered by you guys already.

Also, be sure and check the MOALA site's Forum for Minimode's pics of the run. He has a lot of action shots from the run itself and was driving the silver new MINI.

Wayne
Steve Simmons
Site Admin
1937 MG SA Saloon
1946 John Deere AN
1949 MG TC
1953 MG TD
1958 MGA Roadster
1959 Morris Minor 1000
1965 MGB
1967 MGB GT (UK-Spec)
1969 MGC GTS

Post by Steve Simmons »

Your camera isn't VHS, is it? I thought it was mini-DV? You can get a device for about $150 to digitize just about any signal onto your computer's hard drive. Going to VHS and then to digital will result in a lot of quality loss. Better than nothing, of course! But if you're going to buy hardware, you may as well get something that will directly convert it over.

If your camera has a firewire output then you won't even need special hardware. You will be able to transfer it directly from the camera to your PC.

I look forward to watching the video! Oh, and once you get your hardware set up, lets see that New Years clip where we passed each other! :)
Wayne Gratiot

Post by Wayne Gratiot »

Hi Steve. I wasn't very clear about my camcorder and what I am going to do. The camcorder is a Sony CCD-TRV138 Hi8 tape model and the combo VHS/ DVD recorder I am getting also has the plug-in for the camcorder to be copied directly to a DVD. Bonnie told me to just go ahead and buy one now instead of going down to my son-in-law and bugging him. The unit I am going out for today is a 1080p Upconvert DVD Recorder/VCR Combo.

I also have a huge collection of VHS tapes of Lakers games from 1985 thru 2007 along with all the All Star games and '92 Olympics "Dream Team" games and also a lot of big UCLA games thru the years. You may remember the huge wall of tapes to the left of the couch. There are over 500 tapes, usually with 2 games per tape. That is why I need the VHS to DVD option. Then, we will have that whole wall as living space again with just a small space needed for all the DVD's. I will then sell the entire VHS collection to another basketball fan somewhere as "used'" tapes and most of them have only been used once to tape the games.

After getting the Mem. Day Run online, the next one will be the New Year's Day Run with our little band of 7 classic Minis passing you guys. Then, it will be the other British Car runs and the Monterey Historics and MINI Takes The States footage.

So, I'm off to check out which stores have the best buys and I intend to come home with one today.
Wayne Gratiot

Post by Wayne Gratiot »

Didn't mean to leave Steve or any other interested members hanging about the videotape of the Memorial Day Run.

I did finally find a nice DVD/VCR dual recorder and put my camcorder tape onto a DVD+R. It plays fine on the new DVD/VCR and also my Playstation 2, but when I put it in our computer to get it onto YouTube, it doesn't recognize the disc. I tested the computer with an old DVD(the 1st Animusic album) and some new DVD movies and they all play fine on the Windows Media Player.

My son-in-law wants me to bring down the whole computer so he can give it a complete check-up and get everything back up to snuff, but in the mean time nobody gets to see the M.D. Run. Steve (or anyone else for that matter), I can mail you a DVD of the run if you want and you can pick out the good bits for YouTube. I hate that I have failed to get the run online, but I will have this run and many others available as soon as our computer gets fixed.

Another idea would be for me to make as many DVD's of the M.D. Run as you guys want for those who will be at the July 15th event in Reseda. Let me know and I will get right on making copies. The DVD is 1 hour 47 minutes long.