Incredible Car Day! (photos)

Forum for general car talk, upcoming events, posting photos, etc.
jimpaul

Post by jimpaul »

That is so cool! What a day!

When will this happen again?????

It happens every Sunday (all day) on Mulholland Highway where it stretches from Malibu to Topanga Canyon. The scenic overlook near Kanan Dume Road is where you can watch all the classic cars come and go. Lots of bikers too, from vintage Harleys/Knuckleheads/Indians to new Japanese crotch-rockets.
Steve Simmons
Site Admin
Vehicles Owned: .
1937 MG SA Saloon
1946 John Deere AN
1949 MG TC
1953 MG TD
1958 MGA Roadster
1959 Morris Minor 1000
1965 MGB
1967 MGB GT (UK-Spec)
1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8
1969 MGC GTS

Post by Steve Simmons »

I have no idea where my initial post went. So I guess I will post it again. Thankfully I posted it on another forum so I can copy and paste!

--------------------

Today a friend and I set out on a drive through the local canyons. Other than being a tad windy, the weather was gorgeous! We drove about 80 miles on the most twisty, curvy roller-coaster roads you could find anywhere. It was literally a workout just to keep the cars moving at a reasonable speed through these narrow windy canyons.

On the way back, we stopped at an overlook in the mountains just as a HUGE car run was beginning to come by. Cars of every type and age drove past, many stopping at the same overlook. The action didn't stop for over an hour! There were hundreds of them!

Some of the highlights:
Not one, but TWO Ariel Atoms!!!
Two Vectors.
Two old Bugattis, one a sports car and the other a convertible early 30's tourer.
A brand new Spyker roadster.
A 1960's AC Bristol Coupe.
A Mercedes that looked like a Smart car.
A Nissan Figaro!!!!
A Morgan Aero 8.
A Morgan 4-seater
A few antiques I couldn't identify.

I snapped photos of a small portion of the cars, mostly the classics. Noteworthy cars not pictured are the second Ariel Atom, the second Bugatti, a group of 15 or so classic Minis, lots of other oldies and dozens of modern exotics.

Link to photos: http://www.mgnuts.com/temp/newyeardrive (94 photos on 3 pages)