OT - Presidential Library Destroyed By Flood

Forum for general car talk, upcoming events, posting photos, etc.
Wayne Gratiot
Vehicles Owned: 67 Innocenti Mini Cooper

OT - Presidential Library Destroyed By Flood

Post by Wayne Gratiot »

This has been around for a while, but fits in with the real trouble Texas has been having recently.

Crawford, Texas - A tragic flood this morning destroyed the personal library of President Bush. The flood began in the Presidential bathroom where both books were kept. Both books have been lost.

A Presidential spokesman said the President was devastated since he was almost finished coloring the second one.

The White House tried to call FEMA, but there was no answer.
Last edited by Wayne Gratiot on Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!"
Steve Simmons
Site Admin
Vehicles Owned: .
1937 MG SA Saloon
1946 John Deere AN
1949 MG TC
1953 MG TD
1958 MGA Roadster
1959 Morris Minor 1000
1965 MGB
1967 MGB GT (UK-Spec)
1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8
1969 MGC GTS

Post by Steve Simmons »

LOL! While politics are frowned upon, I'll admit that was funny. :lol:
ronzet

Post by ronzet »

Hey Guys...

'tis a funny joke... but, can't we leave the politics at the door... Please...

I spend way too much time thinking about politics and when I come in the door in this forum I want to think about LBCs..

Thanks... :thumbs:
Ron,

The only 'barn finds' I ever have are, well, finding a barn.

Stable: '57 MGA(WIP),'58 AH 100-6(WIP),and 'in dire need' of restoration '66 B driver
Wayne Gratiot

Post by Wayne Gratiot »

Sorry guys. My wife sent it to me and I took it as a funny joke and wasn't even thinking about it being political. I am going to modify it by taking out one word and Steve can even delete the whole thing if he wants.

I agree with you and just got carried away with the humor of it. I usually mute the TV when politics and/or religion are the topic and understand the need to allow each to his/her own.
ronzet

Post by ronzet »

Wayne,

Thanks for the thoughtful response. No fault, no foul.... :thumbs:
Ron,

Stable: '57 MGA(WIP),'58 AH 100-6(WIP),and 'in dire need' of restoration '66 B driver
Wayne Gratiot

Post by Wayne Gratiot »

Thanks, Ron. Hope to meet you at the Open House this Sunday or the Labor Day Run in a few weeks.
ronzet

Post by ronzet »

Wayne,

Since I am new to this forum, having reached the level of Jedi Warrior at British Car Forum, I am not aware of the two meets to which you are refering..

Soooo, where and at what time ? I may not make the Sunday meet but the Labor Day may be the first outing for my nearly finished '57 MGA frame off!!

I am pleased to find a British Car Forum for SoCal!!!
Ron,

Wayne Gratiot

Post by Wayne Gratiot »

Ron,

Check out the first thread which will tell you more than I can and see the pics of the car that will be the "Guest of Honor". Sounds like a lot of fun.

As to the Labor Day Run, I will let Steve fill you in on the details since he will be leading the run and I only know it is planned every year and gets a very good turnout.

Oops, sorry. I thought the Lotus pics were in that thread. I looked at a few other threads and still didn't find the pics I was thinking about. Maybe Steve will know where I saw them.
Last edited by Wayne Gratiot on Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ronzet

Post by ronzet »

Wayne,

Thanks. Hopefully I'll see you there...
Ron,

Steve Simmons
Site Admin
Vehicles Owned: .
1937 MG SA Saloon
1946 John Deere AN
1949 MG TC
1953 MG TD
1958 MGA Roadster
1959 Morris Minor 1000
1965 MGB
1967 MGB GT (UK-Spec)
1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8
1969 MGC GTS

Post by Steve Simmons »

Thanks Wayne, that one word was the one that bothered me. I'm glad you removed it. Now it's far more harmless.

Ronzet, the meet this Sunday is at Westfield 11's shop. See this thread for details. I may have to cut out early but I'll be there! I can't find the pics that Wayne was talking about though.

The Labor Day run is the third of three holiday runs I put on every year. The first is Memorial Day, the second is Independence Day (didn't happen this year) and the third is Labor Day.

See this thread for photos of the Memorial Day run and this page for my photos of the run.