A Nice Drive

Forum for general car talk, upcoming events, posting photos, etc.
Wraddad
Vehicles Owned: 1969 MGB GT
2008 Honda S2000

A Nice Drive

Post by Wraddad »

I thought I’d share a nice drive I took this morning, and a new (to me) good place for breakfast. I took my usual route from the valley, out Mulholland to the coast via Encinal Canyon. Encinal just seems to me to be the kind of road the MGB was made for- fast sweeping turns and some decent straight sections as well. I never seem to get tired of it. :drive

I had been thinking to hit the Starbucks at Trancas Country Market for a bite, but for some reason I turned north instead. It was early yet so not a lot of traffic, the weather was perfect, and the ocean looked like, well, the ocean on a good day! It was such a nice drive that I was in Camarillo before I realized my mistake! Google to the rescue, and it seemed that a well-rated breakfast place was fairly close at hand. Appropriately enough, the place is called The Best Breakfast Café, on Saviers Road. I got there shortly after they opened at 7:00 am, but there were already a number of cars in the good-sized parking lot.

This now my new go-to place when aimlessly driving north! The service was great, the food was great, and I got a booth where I could keep an eye on the MGB! Next time you're up that way, give them a try.

Barry
Attachments
IMG_1026-small.jpg
Larry Kluss
Veteran Member
Vehicles Owned: -
1967 MGB (Works tribute)
1968 E-type Jaguar FHC
1974 Chevy Nova SS (faux)
2000 Ford Ranger XLT
2008 Jaguar XJ L

Re: A Nice Drive

Post by Larry Kluss »

Great that you get out and drive like that on a regular basis. Thanks for sharing.
Steve Simmons
Site Admin
Vehicles Owned: .
1937 MG SA Saloon
1946 John Deere AN
1949 MG TC
1953 MG TD
1958 MGA Roadster
1959 Morris Minor 1000
1965 MGB
1967 MGB GT (UK-Spec)
1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8
1969 MGC GTS

Re: A Nice Drive

Post by Steve Simmons »

I've been to "Breakfast Cafe" in Oak Park and it was good. I wonder if it's the same owners.