2021 Independence Day Run

Forum for general car talk, upcoming events, posting photos, etc.
tannyo
Veteran Member
Vehicles Owned: 1967 MGB GT

Post by tannyo »

I know it’s late but here’s the details.

The when and where:

Sunday, July 4, 2021 or Monday, July 5, 2021. I’ll be there both days. I’m a glutton for punishment.

Meet at:

Malibu Colony Plaza
23841 West Malibu Road
Malibu, CA 90263

It’s at the southwest corner of Pacific Coast Highway and Webb Way, approximately 12 miles north / west from where I-10 turns into PCH.

Meeting time is 9:00 AM with rollout at approximately 10:00 AM.

We will end for lunch at the:

Tavern 101
28434 Roadside Dr.
Agoura Hills, CA 91301

Generally arrive around 9:00 AM, chat kick tires and have people look at our cars and leave around 10:00 AM. Drive a while, may stop, have lunch at the Tavern 101.

Cheers,

Tanny
  • This is a “fun run”, not an organized event. We are just a group of like-minded classic car enthusiasts out driving the same roads. There is no official leader nor any car club or business affiliation. As such please keep in mind that everyone is responsible for themselves!
  • Drive safely and responsibly at all times. Leave your ego at home.
  • If you leave the route, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE signal others so they don’t follow you!
  • Try to position yourself within the group based on your driving style - slower drivers toward the rear, faster drivers up front. If you are unsure of your driving preferences compared to other drivers, start near the tail of the group and go from there.
  • We stop to regroup periodically so don’t worry about being left behind. If possible, wait for the car behind you to catch up before turning so no one gets lost.
  • If you find yourself lagging behind and holding up others, don’t push it. Just wait for a safe place to pull aside and let them pass. If you’re being held up, please be patient with the driver ahead. :eek:
tannyo
Veteran Member
Vehicles Owned: 1967 MGB GT

Re: 2021 Independence Day Run

Post by tannyo »

I did a pre-run today and I must say that the road surface on Deer Creek and Yerba Buena was as smooth as a baby’s bottom. Not a pothole to be seen. It was a lovely drive with a lot of turns.
VWNate1
Veteran Member
Vehicles Owned: LBC's

Mercedes Diesels OM 616 & 617

1969 Chevrolet C/10 pickup shop truck
250 I-6 , TH350 slushbox

1959 Nash Metropolitan FH Sports Coupe

1961 Morris Minor W/ 1973 1275 CC engine & gearbox

Ural Solo Motos , old Honda 90 CC Tiddlers

Post by VWNate1 »

? Where was everyone ? .

That was a great drive, as Tanny said the pavement was recently re done and very smooth .

The Tavern 101 was closed, after the run I did some checking and the Wood BBQ just north on the same street is reputed to be very good, maybe next time .
-Nate