New Pasadena British car shop

Looking for parts or service, or have someone to recommend? Post here!
fleshy1

New Pasadena British car shop

Post by fleshy1 »

Anyone been to this new place near the corner of Walnut and Allen? Bright yellow building union jack on the garage door with an interesting assorment of midgets, minis, and mgbs. It would be nice to know if this guy stocked some gaskets and other frequently needed small items.

I know Frank Monise told me that he would just order from Moss, but sometimes you just need it that day...
Eric Triplett
1978 MGB Roadster - 1968 Engine, SU Conversion, full Peco system, K&Ns, 45DM running Pertronix and MSD 6A ignition.
"Electronic ignition, the best thing to happen to carburetors."
Steve Simmons
Site Admin
Vehicles Owned: .
1937 MG SA Saloon
1946 John Deere AN
1949 MG TC
1953 MG TD
1958 MGA Roadster
1959 Morris Minor 1000
1965 MGB
1967 MGB GT (UK-Spec)
1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8
1969 MGC GTS

Post by Steve Simmons »

I don't know if its the same shop, but I've driven by a garage right around there many times. I think it was on Allen, on the left side if traveling south. Maybe they painted it? Or maybe a new business.
sideache

Post by sideache »

I just saw that they have a mini advertised on Craig's list. What is concerning is that it is a 1977 Mini which can not be registered in CA, however the add does not state this. He should of put on there that it is for an out of state sale only.
http://www.illustratedgarage.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fleshy1

Post by fleshy1 »

Yeah, the collection of cars is 'eclectic' to say the least...They have a yellow midget with a red flame paint job on the front and various other cars that I would consider "parts or serious restorations"
Eric Triplett
1978 MGB Roadster - 1968 Engine, SU Conversion, full Peco system, K&Ns, 45DM running Pertronix and MSD 6A ignition.
"Electronic ignition, the best thing to happen to carburetors."
VWNate1
Veteran Member
Vehicles Owned: LBC's

Mercedes Diesels OM 616 & 617

1969 Chevrolet C/10 pickup shop truck
250 I-6 , TH350 slushbox

1959 Nash Metropolitan FH Sports Coupe

1961 Morris Minor W/ 1973 1275 CC engine & gearbox

Ural Solo Motos , old Honda 90 CC Tiddlers

Re: BAD Pasadena British car shop

Post by VWNate1 »

They were on Walnut , W. of Hill St. and they did terrible work and ripped a lotta folks off , when the business finally dried up ~ they vanished suddenly...

I was thinking of having them re - spray one of my work vehicles as they werre always shiny anyways , I can take off the bumpers & door handles but my son said no way ~ they'd ripped off his buddy badly .

Too bad .
-Nate