SU carb experts?

Looking for parts or service, or have someone to recommend? Post here!
caliwagon

SU carb experts?

Post by caliwagon »

I'm thinking about organizing a "tech session" with our local 'Volvo Sports America' (VSA) chapter. You may not know it, but most carb'd vintage Volvos were equipped with dual SU's. I was wondering if anyone knows a mechanic or shop in the LA area who really knows how to set up and diagnose SU's. They need to be friendly too--the kind of folks willing to hold a Saturday tech session. Thanks in advance!
-John M.
'67 Volvo 1800S - Sold
'86 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16 - Daily Driver
Steve Simmons
Site Admin
Vehicles Owned: .
1937 MG SA Saloon
1946 John Deere AN
1949 MG TC
1953 MG TD
1958 MGA Roadster
1959 Morris Minor 1000
1965 MGB
1967 MGB GT (UK-Spec)
1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8
1969 MGC GTS

Post by Steve Simmons »

I know a couple guys in the area I would consider experts. They are M.G. owners and I believe they have done tech sessions for the M.G. clubs in the past, but it's been a long time. I can contact them if you like.
caliwagon

Post by caliwagon »

Any leads anyone?
-John M.
'67 Volvo 1800S - Sold
'86 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16 - Daily Driver
carlivar

Post by carlivar »

Add me to the "attendee" list if you figure this one out... my SU's are sitting on my workbench waiting for me to clean/rebuild them, so I'd love a tech session. They look a heck of a lot easier than the Weber and Carter carbs I'm used to on American cars though.
Westfield 11

Re: SU carb experts?

Post by Westfield 11 »

How about Joe Curto, that's where all the SU parts come from anyway. Hal Waldrop is another good source, APT did mine but they also did a bunch of performance stuff too. This question should be posted in the Spridget section of the British car forum. There was just this exact same post a few weeks ago.....or was it the same people?

OOOPS!! I see you are looking for tech training, not having your carbs re-built.....sorry.