09-27-2008: Big Changes!

Comments, suggestions, complaints? Post them here!
Also look here for new features, changes and other forum announcements.
Steve Simmons
Site Admin
Vehicles Owned: .
1937 MG SA Saloon
1946 John Deere AN
1949 MG TC
1953 MG TD
1958 MGA Roadster
1959 Morris Minor 1000
1965 MGB
1967 MGB GT (UK-Spec)
1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8
1969 MGC GTS

09-27-2008: Big Changes!

Post by Steve Simmons »

Greetings fellow classic car nuts!

A year-long project has finally come to pass, and several updates to the site are now online. The first thing you will notice when visiting SCBM is the new look. We are no longer simply a discussion forum. A new website has been built around the old one which incorporates local car-related news, resources, technical articles and even photo galleries! You can view images from our holiday drives, see other members' classic cars and check out local car shows. There is also an events calendar to keep you up to date on what is happening in the So Cal car scene. Much of the site is still a work in progress so content is a bit low in some places, but we're getting there.

The other major change is the name. This was a very difficult decision and I have been agonizing over it for a few months. So Cal British Motoring doesn't roll off the tongue very well and I've never been happy about that. Combine this with the fact that many of us own non-British cars (there is always a group of them at our gatherings) and the choice began to make itself. As of today, the site has been renamed to "Vintage Motoring" and will welcome our friends with other classics who also enjoy our driving events and discussions.

Nothing will change in the way you use the forums. Even the old look will remain for a while until I can match the visual style to the rest of the new site. However, you may have to log in again with your username and password on your next visit because of the site's name change. I hope you see this as a small price to pay for all the upgrades performed to our home on the web!

Please take a moment to visit the new site at http://www.vintagemotoring.net and have a look around. All comments and suggestions are appreciated no matter how small, so please post them in the forum for discussion! Note that the old web address will continue to work but please update your bookmarks with the new one when you get a chance.

I hope you enjoy the new site and find it even more useful than the old one!