Super clean '69 MGB needs a new home

Have something to sell? Looking for a hard to find part? Post it here!
Jimmy
Don't take him seriously!
Vehicles Owned: '74-1/2 MGB
'76 MGB (parts car)
'52 TD
'71 MGB staqtion wagon
'69 MGB (parts car)
'60 Sprite
'79 MG Midget (parts car)
'63 LBC
Plus, a Turbo S (with a damn roof) in the household.
And three Mercedes on 20" wheels.

Super clean '69 MGB needs a new home

Post by Jimmy »

I goofed and bought a way too nice MGB about a year ago, so clean that I've only driven it three times since. It doesn't do me much good that the engine compartment looks as if the car was built a week ago, or that the interior is all new and perfect, as is the exterior and mechanicals after a complete nut-and-bolts restoration. I'm just not into shows.
That it runs, drives and looks like a new car is great, of course, but I can't force myself to fully enjoy this vehicle the same way I can with my beater MGB, or the V8 powered one.
It's a creamy white color with black interior - leather seats and all.
I can't really call it restored, although everything has been replaced or rebuilt, since it's been slightly modified. For example, the chrome wire wheels are held on with real spinners, not the "Nader nuts" a '69 should have. Also, the sidemarker lights were eliminated, plus it has a Robbins cloth top, aftermarket exhaust, and a satellite radio.
Not-so-good is that while the tires look like new, they're not. And it doesn't have an overdrive trans - although I did buy one for it, had Darrin go through the whole thing, and it could be sold with the car.
Why sell the car? Well, I don't use it. Even worse, it makes my MG TD sit outside.
Not counting the transmission, I have just over 16,000 in this MGB, and it's every bit as nice as the one in Big Bear that just sold for over $19,000 on eBay.
Why no photos? Partially because of a very slow internet connection, but mostly because I'm too stupid to figure out how to make a photo appear on a website like this.
If you're interested, please e-mail me (jimmyjeeper@aol.com) and I can send photos that way. Better yet, come see it in person.
In baseball, running into someone is apparently a "collision".
But doing the same thing in a car somehow makes it an "accident".
Steve Simmons
Site Admin
Vehicles Owned: .
1937 MG SA Saloon
1946 John Deere AN
1949 MG TC
1953 MG TD
1958 MGA Roadster
1959 Morris Minor 1000
1965 MGB
1967 MGB GT (UK-Spec)
1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8
1969 MGC GTS

Re: Super clean '69 MGB needs a new home

Post by Steve Simmons »

I sure do understand how a car can be "too nice" and make you nervous to drive it. You have too many cars anyway from what I've heard! The overdrive will sell easily on its own if whoever buys the car doesn't want it.
tannyo
Veteran Member
Vehicles Owned: 1967 MGB GT

Pictures of Jimmy's Super clean '69 MGB that needs a new hom

Post by tannyo »

IMG_1220_640X480.jpg
IMG_1212_640X480.jpg
IMG_1207_640X480.jpg
IMG_1219_640X480.jpg
IMG_1218_640X480.jpg
tannyo
Veteran Member
Vehicles Owned: 1967 MGB GT

Post by tannyo »

Gotta have a picture of the engine. Anybody bring the dinner plates?
IMG_1196_680x480.jpg
The engine is not as red as it looks in the picture, it's actually the stock maroon color.
Jimmy
Don't take him seriously!
Vehicles Owned: '74-1/2 MGB
'76 MGB (parts car)
'52 TD
'71 MGB staqtion wagon
'69 MGB (parts car)
'60 Sprite
'79 MG Midget (parts car)
'63 LBC
Plus, a Turbo S (with a damn roof) in the household.
And three Mercedes on 20" wheels.

Post by Jimmy »

Steve, I now disagree with you. How can anyone possibly have too many cars?!?
That one doesn't have enough space for cars is a common problem, and that part I understand, but there really isn't such a thing as too many cars, is there?
Ironically, not long ago someone asked just how many cars we had, and the count ended with 19 - on the driveway level.
While that didn't include trailers, it did take into account my girlfriend's cars, which at the time was five.
Now she's down to only four (she sold one of the pickups) which does include an English convertible, by the way.
I won't mention her '75 911S since I am a firm believer in karma. And my suggestion to celebrate D-day rather than British Car Awareness Week didn't go over too well.
But, yes, I'd like to sell my "too nice" '69 simply because I don't drive it, and could use the garage space.
In baseball, running into someone is apparently a "collision".
But doing the same thing in a car somehow makes it an "accident".