Car Pocket

Have something to sell? Looking for a hard to find part? Post it here!
Steve Simmons
Site Admin
Vehicles Owned: .
1937 MG SA Saloon
1946 John Deere AN
1949 MG TC
1953 MG TD
1958 MGA Roadster
1959 Morris Minor 1000
1965 MGB
1967 MGB GT (UK-Spec)
1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8
1969 MGC GTS

Car Pocket

Post by Steve Simmons »

I have a car pocket for sale. This is a fully enclosed car cover made from a heavy, 100% waterproof, UV-resistant material that you drive your car into and zip it up. This is not the kind that inflates, rather it's like two huge tarps that are attached on one side. You drive your car onto one half and then flip the other half over and zip it up. The zipper is water resistant but not fully waterproof. Therefore the car pocket is not technically rated for outdoor use.

Overall condition of the one I'm selling is very good and it hasn't been used that much, but unfortunately there are a few very small holes, maybe 1/4" in size. I believe they are all on the bottom so they aren't a problem, but if desired they could be easily repaired.

When unzipped, this thing is huge and can be used to fully drape two cars for rain protection. I'd say it's around 20x25-feet when opened and laying on the ground. I had two of them and did use them outdoors last winter while my garage was under construction. After two heavy rainstorms, there was some water in the bottom but it seems to have all come in through the end of the zipper. So, if you use them outdoors during the winter then I would open them up now and then to make sure it remains dry inside.

Anyway, these things cost around $200 and I will sell this one for $50 since I have no more use for it.

Here is a stock photo of what they look like. Bottom is a blue-gray and top is white. And then another one I found because there's a Jag in it. ;)
Attachments
carpocket.jpg
carpocket.jpg (26.42 KiB) Viewed 2289 times
car-pocket.jpg
car-pocket.jpg (45.22 KiB) Viewed 2289 times
Steve Simmons
Site Admin
Vehicles Owned: .
1937 MG SA Saloon
1946 John Deere AN
1949 MG TC
1953 MG TD
1958 MGA Roadster
1959 Morris Minor 1000
1965 MGB
1967 MGB GT (UK-Spec)
1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8
1969 MGC GTS

Re: Car Pocket

Post by Steve Simmons »

Price reduced to clear space in the garage. Only two months to the rainy season. Where else will you get a quality tarp of this size so cheap? Unzipped, you could cover the roof of a small home! $40 takes it.