A Lot of 6 Austin Taxis

Have something to sell? Looking for a hard to find part? Post it here!
HealeyBN7
Core Member
Vehicles Owned: 1959 Peerless GT
1960 Austin Healey 3000
1961 Warwick GT
1971 Lotus Europa
1995 Range Rover

A Lot of 6 Austin Taxis

Post by HealeyBN7 »

This is a perfect opportunity for an enterprising Uber driver. Just think of all the money you will earn with your personal fleet of taxis.

A friend of my wife is interested in clearing her property of six, yes SIX, Austin FX4 taxis, that her late husband accumulated while traveling back and forth to the UK for business.

One is CA licensed non-OP, and just needs the A/C recharged. ;) All the others "ran when parked". ;)

I took these photos a couple days ago. The only thing that I know for sure is she would like to keep some of the UK license plates (for me).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/71204211@ ... 5028253194

No worries if you see missing or worn parts, just order six of everything on this site.

http://www.londontaxispares.com/index.php

Only for the hearty.

Dean
wellwoodautorestoration

Re: A Lot of 6 Austin Taxis

Post by wellwoodautorestoration »

DEAN. The title should be Austin's Taxis. (note the placement of the apostrophe indicating possession or ownership)
Just think of the ambience these would lend to your yard as Austin restored them and started his own fleet of grad party limos. Maybe make one giant stretch out of them all.! A Suber Duber Uber.
A Maserati Biturbo? engine in there. What a Splendid Idea!! I can't think of a wiser or more appropriate combination for years of trouble free driving pleasure.
Perhaps the whole lot could be considered as part of a commodities futures investment in ferric oxide. Or at least corner the market in taxibits.
I am relieved when I think of the work I have successfully avoided by not owning those future masterpieces.
Your very truly,
name withheld to protect me
Martin Keller
Core Member

Post by Martin Keller »

wellwoodautorestoration wrote:DEAN. The title should be Austin's Taxis. (note the placement of the apostrophe indicating possession or ownership)
Just think of the ambience these would lend to your yard as Austin restored them and started his own fleet of grad party limos. Maybe make one giant stretch out of them all.! A Suber Duber Uber.
A Maserati Biturbo? engine in there. What a Splendid Idea!! I can't think of a wiser or more appropriate combination for years of trouble free driving pleasure.
Perhaps the whole lot could be considered as part of a commodities futures investment in ferric oxide. Or at least corner the market in taxibits.
I am relieved when I think of the work I have successfully avoided by not owning those future masterpieces.
Your very truly,
name withheld to protect me
Now that is so funny.
:drive
Martin Keller
Ventura, Ca.
HealeyBN7
Core Member
Vehicles Owned: 1959 Peerless GT
1960 Austin Healey 3000
1961 Warwick GT
1971 Lotus Europa
1995 Range Rover

Post by HealeyBN7 »

Now come on "name withheld",

We have all come to regret the cars that we passed up. I could have traded a tired Lotus for a blue Dino Ferrari, but it was "blue". Then there was the silver Aston Martin DB6 convertible that I passed up because it was "a convertible". Don't let this happen to you.

Instead of worrying about all the work, this is all about looking at the upside, and avoiding life's regrets.

If you need a shop recommendation, there is a well qualified British car guy in the Ventura/Market Street area that can help.

Dean

PS - On another note, scrap rates are $20/ton... act fast, there is almost $100 in cold hard material commodity value here alone.
VWNate1
Veteran Member
Vehicles Owned: LBC's

Mercedes Diesels OM 616 & 617

1969 Chevrolet C/10 pickup shop truck
250 I-6 , TH350 slushbox

1959 Nash Metropolitan FH Sports Coupe

1961 Morris Minor W/ 1973 1275 CC engine & gearbox

Ural Solo Motos , old Honda 90 CC Tiddlers

Post by VWNate1 »

Ouch ;

Although I don't want one it will be a shame if they all get scrapped , I see lots of good parts in there and maybe two made operable out of the lot .
-Nate