1971 Leyland Clubman van $13,500

Have something to sell? Looking for a hard to find part? Post it here!
whitebuffalo
Core Member
Vehicles Owned: 1973 Morris Marina (Morri)
1971 Morris Mini (Kiwi)
1967 Sunbeam Stiletto (Banjo)
1965 Lotus 7 (Westfield) (Westie)

1971 Leyland Clubman van $13,500

Post by whitebuffalo »

Going to sell my Mini. Just finished the motor and run in period. I have been into Minis for close to 20 years and it is time for a change. I have a Stiletto and Imp that I want to focus on and develop so want to sell the Mini to fund it.

This Mini is a Clubman version (square nose) of a van, built in Australia with side windows so only has two seats and a roof vent. Australian Minis had exposed door hinges with roll up windows and the only country producing Minis to have the square Clubman nose on the van where the UK had the Clubman Estate (wagon with back seat and opening rear windows) The Clubman nose allows for easier engine maintenance with greater room.

The van has no rust through, only a few bubbles under the paint in one spot, but not rotted. Roof had been painted, but not prepped well so it has some bubbles and flaking paint. Otherwise the paint is good and the floors are solid as well as the sills. The floors were replaced at one point while in Australia so are of a good quality of material and welding as Australia has a strong requirement for vehicle repair.

Interior is all black fabric with foam backing, carpets have red binding and glued down securely.

Heritage Garage in Costa Mesa rebuilt the factory 1100 (1098cc) with high compression pistons for around 9 to 9.5:1 . Balanced and runs perfectly. 266 cam shaft for torque, single HIF38 carb with alloy intake, 12G295 Cooper head with larger valves and hardened seats for unleaded fuel , all blueprinted. Center oil pickup. New water pump, oil pump, ARP bolts, new super 2 core radiator, new motor mounts, rebuilt alternator, billet oil filter housing. Pertronix distributor. Block was descaled and restored with new clutch and bolts. Has drum front brakes, but will come with Cooper S discs . The motor pulls well and is to me better than the 1275 Cooper S motor that my Inno had as well as this motor being small bore which is stronger and less prone to overheating than a 1275 motor. Final drive is 3:10 so cruises on the freeway without sounding like it needs a fifth gear and still pulls well in all gears. $13,500

Out on a drive on Angeles Crest

whitebuffalo
Core Member
Vehicles Owned: 1973 Morris Marina (Morri)
1971 Morris Mini (Kiwi)
1967 Sunbeam Stiletto (Banjo)
1965 Lotus 7 (Westfield) (Westie)

Re: 1971 Leyland Clubman van $13,500

Post by whitebuffalo »

New lower price!