Wanted: TR4

Have something to sell? Looking for a hard to find part? Post it here!
Miatadon

Wanted: TR4

Post by Miatadon »

I would like to purchase a nice TR4 (or 4A or 250). The more original-spec, the better. I'm located in northern California. I would also pay a finder's fee if you provide info on a car that I buy. I'm a British car lover, not a dealer or car-flipper.
Thanks!
Steve Simmons
Site Admin
Vehicles Owned: .
1937 MG SA Saloon
1946 John Deere AN
1949 MG TC
1953 MG TD
1958 MGA Roadster
1959 Morris Minor 1000
1965 MGB
1967 MGB GT (UK-Spec)
1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8
1969 MGC GTS

Re: Wanted: TR4

Post by Steve Simmons »

Hey, lookie who' dropped by! Did you ever find that Mark I MGB you wanted or are you moving on to a TR4 instead? :)
Martin Keller
Core Member

Post by Martin Keller »

Miatadon wrote:I would like to purchase a nice TR4 (or 4A or 250). The more original-spec, the better. I'm located in northern California. I would also pay a finder's fee if you provide info on a car that I buy. I'm a British car lover, not a dealer or car-flipper.
Thanks!
Give Dave Wellwood a call as he might have one or know of the ware a bouts of a TR4A or TR250.
Daves number is 1-805-469-7842 and tell him Martin gave you his number.
Good hunting and let us know if you find what you want.
Martin Keller
Ventura, Ca.
Miatadon

Post by Miatadon »

Thanks! I'll give him a call.
Don
Wayne Gratiot
Vehicles Owned: 67 Innocenti Mini Cooper

Post by Wayne Gratiot »

Dave is the guy to call all right, but I just saw a red 67 TR4A IRS listed at $11,500 in this week's TradeExpress with a local number of 805 686 0811, which is in Santa Ynez. Dave might even know the car himself.

I figured it's better to have too much than too little and added this info for that reason. Good luck in your search and that's half the fun anyway.

Now if I can only get a certain little Mini back on the road for the upcoming fun runs, I'll be very happy. Almost done.
"I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!"
Steve Simmons
Site Admin
Vehicles Owned: .
1937 MG SA Saloon
1946 John Deere AN
1949 MG TC
1953 MG TD
1958 MGA Roadster
1959 Morris Minor 1000
1965 MGB
1967 MGB GT (UK-Spec)
1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8
1969 MGC GTS

Post by Steve Simmons »

Hey Wayne, it's about time you dropped in! Boy, they're coming out of the woodwork this week. It's nice to "see" everyone. :)
Miatadon

Post by Miatadon »

Thanks for the tip, Wayne. Just called, and it's sold. Damn.

And thanks to Martin, as I just called Dave Wellwood, and he may be able to help me find one.
Wayne Gratiot
Vehicles Owned: 67 Innocenti Mini Cooper

Post by Wayne Gratiot »

I've been checking in a few times every day, but never posted until today. I figured I would mention that TR4 because it was NOT in the classics section, but buried between Toyotas and Volvos in the regular cars section. It sounded like a good deal to check on and apparently someone got there first. Oh, well.

I'll post about the Mini as soon as I get a call on the latest progress. It's just extra stuff I was having done at this point. All the parts are waiting to be put together from the accident damage, but pretty much everything front of the windshield is being replaced and/or improved. Also, from the black roof I always wanted to the nice EBC Green Stuff brake pads up front and a nice new center-mounted exhaust system underneath, I should be really happy soon.

See you guys down the road eventually, Wayne
"I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!"