Deal Alert!

Have something to sell? Looking for a hard to find part? Post it here!
Steve Simmons
Site Admin
Vehicles Owned: .
1937 MG SA Saloon
1946 John Deere AN
1949 MG TC
1953 MG TD
1958 MGA Roadster
1959 Morris Minor 1000
1965 MGB
1967 MGB GT (UK-Spec)
1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8
1969 MGC GTS

Deal Alert!

Post by Steve Simmons »

This looks like a great deal to me! No affiliation, just passing it along...
1965 Austin Healey Sprite purchased from the first owner pink slip still in his name and dated 1968, when he paid the car off and recieved the titla

Factory manual and owners guide included

I have done a complete mechanical restoration/resurection IE; brakes,fuel,cooling system and its driveable and safe, but needs additional work, family issues forces me to sell this and some of my other cars

Please call me if you have any interest in this car , Car Located in San Leandro Ca 94577

search previous postings by me for more info and pics

510-706 0169

ASKING PRICE 3k Firm
Attachments
1965 MG Midget
1965 MG Midget
midget1.jpg (59.49 KiB) Viewed 3551 times
1965 MG Midget
1965 MG Midget
midget2.jpg (57.77 KiB) Viewed 3550 times
Jimmy
Don't take him seriously!
Vehicles Owned: '74-1/2 MGB
'76 MGB (parts car)
'52 TD
'71 MGB staqtion wagon
'69 MGB (parts car)
'60 Sprite
'79 MG Midget (parts car)
'63 LBC
Plus, a Turbo S (with a damn roof) in the household.
And three Mercedes on 20" wheels.

Re: Deal Alert!

Post by Jimmy »

And here's another one. Less car, but also dirt cheap.
It's from the SoCal MG Club's website.

Classifieds

Submit date: 08/14/2009

FOR SALE - 1972 MG Midget

* This year had round rear wheel fender wells
* Has been in indoor/covered storage for years
* 1275 CC - has not been started in a long time but should run with some TLC
* Comes with both SU and Weber Carb + centrifigual (sp) distributor
* Body in very very good condition
* Wire rims/knockoffs - all rims are straight and road-worthy
* Michelin radials in good shape
* Spare tire mounted on wire rim
* Soft top in good condition, roof framework works (ie not rusted stuck)
* Tonneau, boot cover, both in good condition
* Some spare parts
* Rollbar
* Spare motor ready for rebuilding

Asking price: $800, obo

Please call Tom at 714.925.5902 or email at tfillmor@gmail.com
In baseball, running into someone is apparently a "collision".
But doing the same thing in a car somehow makes it an "accident".
Steve Simmons
Site Admin
Vehicles Owned: .
1937 MG SA Saloon
1946 John Deere AN
1949 MG TC
1953 MG TD
1958 MGA Roadster
1959 Morris Minor 1000
1965 MGB
1967 MGB GT (UK-Spec)
1967 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8
1969 MGC GTS

Post by Steve Simmons »

Looks like a great deal as well, Jimmy. I still love that early Midget though, and if money (and space and time) were no object I might buy it myself. The owner has posted an additional add. It reads:
I am offering this 1965 one owner Ca black plate car again before posting on Ebay

I got this Sprite from the 1st owner a few months ago, I intended to clean it up and drive it a bit but I have invested too much time and money in it to keep and family issues requires sale of excess cars

This 65 has about 65k miles and drives like it, the 1098 and ribcase trans operate well, the trans is actually the very best ribcase I have ever driven, it is smooth and quiet brakes work well but need a bleed..see additional info below

When I got this car I cleaned the carbs, filed the points and she ran well oil pressure was over 70 and it did not smoke much, still a little rich but runs and idles well

I then went over the car system by system, first the cooling, radiator was sent to the shop and was in such great shape nothing was done but a flush, the water pump was replaced as well as thermostat all hoses and fan belt, car will idle for over an hour without overheating

the next was the fuel, fuel tank was removed and was actually pretty clean, I flushed the old dried fuel out with acetone and a few nuts and bolts shook around and it was good to re install, I removed the fuel pump and cleaned the points and changed the fuel fitting seals, new hoses and filter were installed, new throttle cable installed

Brakes. The master cylinder was pitted so it was sent to Sierra for re sleeve and rebuild, new wheel cylinders and brake shoes were fitted as well as new hoses all the way around, front calipers were not siezed and do not leak so I left them alone

I washed the car and hit it with 3m compound, its a great 20 20 car, looks great from 20 feet going 20 mph, but will need paint and bodywork, there are a few minor dents around the car, nothing major and no rust in the body

I started cleaning the interior and was left with a gutted car, so the seats were re done with Moss covers and a used but nice carpet kit from my Bugeye was installed, I made all new door panels and interior panels from a high quality vinal and they look great, cockpit trim was also re covered

This is by far a show car and I never intended it to be one, I intended to make this a nice driver, I was never even going to paint it, I am not saying it is not a worthy car to be a show car...because it is one of the nicest unmolested Sprites I have owned in 20 years of doing British cars

What the car needs now, I would change the engine oil again and the trans oil, re bleed the brakes install a top and a new set of plugs/wires and cap, adjust the valves, the plug wires are still origional, exhaust has holes in it and I have just patched them to keep the noise down, dash is misisng a few knobs, then this car should be ready for as long of a trip as you wish to drive

This car comes with the Ca pink slip issued in 69 when the owner paid the car off from the bank , factory owners manual and shop manual, factory jack and handle, top frame and header rail and spare tire and wheel, this car is misisng nothing

I have more pics and I would be willing to call anyone with questions , my cell is 510-706-0169 and will be happy to tell you anything about this car I can

see vid of the 1st start up after 30 years of sitting here, excuse the mess the car was filthy, it is all clean now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMhrHpgus_I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Asking 3k or close offer

Jimmy
Don't take him seriously!
Vehicles Owned: '74-1/2 MGB
'76 MGB (parts car)
'52 TD
'71 MGB staqtion wagon
'69 MGB (parts car)
'60 Sprite
'79 MG Midget (parts car)
'63 LBC
Plus, a Turbo S (with a damn roof) in the household.
And three Mercedes on 20" wheels.

Post by Jimmy »

I agree, the Sprite is a much better deal - and it's a good thing for me that I would never(?) own a black car.

[quote="Steve Simmons"]if money (and space and time) were no object I might buy it myself.

Lack of money and time are legit excuses, but not space. A Sprite or Midget just doesn't require any, to speak of.
And if it just wasn't black, I'd be tempted to see if Annette would prefer that one over her '70 B.
In baseball, running into someone is apparently a "collision".
But doing the same thing in a car somehow makes it an "accident".